Park Air Electronics
22a High Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire
Park air was started by Fred Parker, G3FUR from Stamford. His first portable ventures were using Japanese am/fm portable radios that were converted for airband am and often sold at airshows.
Back in 1969 there were 7 full time staff (including Fred) plus several part time staff including a secretary and 3 or 4 Airworks Services radar technicians from North Luffenham Midland Radar. They were usually involved in modifying the portables or assembly work on their rest days from the 24hour cover at work.
Park Air Electronics or P.A.E are a British company now owned by Northrop Grumman.
It appears that the first aircraft receiver sold by Park Air was the Lafayette HA55 in 1965
In 1966 Park Air adverts included the sale of BRITEC Portable receivers, Air Buddy and the Aviator II (Nova-Tech)
Interestingly the Telecom MK II was produced by BRITEC
Appears to be the very first radio with the Park Air Electronics name
Developed from the Sky King and based on a Standard Radio Corp SR-Q832FL, 3 band, 9 transistor
As of October 1967 the address changed to 11 Red Lion Square, Stamford
Based on a National Panasonic Model RF-610, FM AM 9 Transistor. Made in Japan by Matsushita Electric Industrial Co Ltd
SS (Solid State Silicon) – Double S Line – 360 Channel
The complete user guide is here
An advert in 1972 provides a new address for PAE – Ryhall Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire
Channel scan monitor with 8 plug-in crystals
An advert in 1978 provides a new address for PAE – Northfields, Market Deeping, Peterborough, PE6 8LG
1700 Channel Scanning Monitor